Galaxy on Fire – Alliances Code of Conduct
In order to maintain a friendly atmosphere and to make sure that everyone can enjoy the game it is important to make sure that you follow a set of rules, the code of conduct. This code of conduct applies to all parts, features and facets of Galaxy on Fire – Alliances, including the chat, private messages, player names, alliance names and descriptions as well as the the forums.
Everyone knows that discussions can become quite heated in an online game, but you should still make sure you don’t get carried away by the heat of the discussion. Before you send a message, please wait a moment and think if the content and wording is appropriate. At the same time we advise not to be too harsh about the statements of others.
The following is not allowed in GOFA under any circumstances:
- Insults and offensive language
- Discriminating terms
- Sexual Harassment
- Threats that are not connected to the game but to real life
- Attempts to scam other players
- Trying to make other players abuse glitches or bugs in the game
- Extreme spam
- Any sort of statement that is against the law
- Impersonating Deep Silver FISHLABS staff
What if you see a player violating the code of conduct?
- If the offense takes place in the chat, the quickest and easiest solution is to block the player so that you don’t have to see their future posts. You can do so by tapping "Block in Chat" on the bottom of their player profile. In most cases this should be sufficient.
- Don’t break the code of conduct just because others do so. If someone has offended you, you should mute them in chat but not offend them back. It doesn’t matter who started breaking the rules.
- In severe cases, if you believe the behavior of a player to pose a danger to other players or to the game or to yourself, make a screenshot to document the offense and report the player. You can do so by tapping “Report” on the bottom left the player’s profile or by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
Please note that threats connected to the game or attacks on your planets (even if uncalled-for) do not constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct. This is a war game after all. If somebody attacks you, the best answer is joining a strong alliance and either seeking shelter among their rows or planning a counter-attack.
As active players, it is up to you to make sure that the game is fun for everyone involved. Make it happen!
If you have any questions regarding the code of the conduct, please ask in the forum.